1. Put granulated sugar and water in a
pan and put it on medium heat. Stir
constantly and let dissolve the
granulated sugar and until it creates a
2. Add the roasted almonds to the pan of
hot syrup stir with a spatula. Once the
sugar syrup crystallize and becomes
white, add in butter. Keep stirring until
it reaches a caramel color, then turn the
3. Spread the almonds on a baking
sheet. Arrange them one by one so that
they do not stick together while they
set and cool.
4. Melt DLA Carmen in a double boiler.
5. Once set, place the almonds in a
bowl. Add 2 tbsp of melted DLA
Carmen chocolate and mix all together.
When the chocolate hardens, add
another 2 tablespoons of DLA Carmen
chocolate and mix. Repeat this several
6. Once all set, Sprinkle cocoa powder
or powdered sugar on each half of the
almonds from step 5.