1. Chocolate Sponge Cake. Put the eggs and sugar
in a bowl and mix while pouring over hot water.
When it warms up to around 33-37°C, remove it
from the hot water bath and whisk thoroughly.
Add the sifted cake flour and cocoa powder and
mix with a spatula. Add melted butter, mix and
pour into molder. Bake in an oven preheated to
160°C for about 30 minutes.
2. Kirsch Ice Cream. Put eggs and sugar in a bowl
and whisk over hot water. When it is warm,
remove it from the hot water bath and whisk
3. In another bowl, put fresh cream and whisk until
firm peaks form.
4. Mix 2 and 3, add Kirsch and mix.
5. Assembly. Place small pieces of the chocolate
sponge cake to the bottom of the container. Brush
the cake with syrup and add 2 tbsp of DLA Dark
Cherry Filling & Topping. Pour the Kirsch ice
cream over the cake, filling to the top of the
container. Chill in the freezer until firm.
6. Once firm, top with the chocolate shavings and
DLA Dark Cherry Filling & Topping.